by Michael Carroll
The best dollar you’ll ever spend on a child’s STEAM education!
Scrappy Circuits is an imaginative “do-it-yourself” way to learn about electrical circuits for less than $1 per person. Raid your junk drawer for simple office supplies, add a little cardboard, pay a visit to a local dollar store, and you are on your way to countless fun projects for learning about electronics. No soldering or expensive equipment required.
- Fun for girls and boys
- Perfect for ages 8-14
Teachers can build take-home sets for an entire class for around $20.
Play and learn with simple, fun projects
Easy to read instructions and tons of step-by-step photos guide scrappy adventurers through the process of building over 40 unique “bricks” – DIY building blocks that can be combined into all sorts of fun and scrappy projects. Make things that light up, alarms that buzz, games that keep score, and learn about electronics, all while having fun along the way!
Scrappy Circuits features resources, step-by-step illustrated building instructions, project ideas, challenges, troubleshooting steps, jokes, and advice for teachers.
Take it to the next level!
Projects start out simple and grow in complexity, allowing kids of all ages to start with easier projects and progress as quickly as they wish.
Build all these and more
- Core Bricks – The five building blocks of Scrappy Circuits will have you powered up in no time.
- Action Bricks – It’s all about action when you build things that light up, buzz, and move.
- Switches – Control the world with switches that turn circuits on and off in fun and interesting ways.
- Control Bricks – Buzzers can be loud or soft, lights bright and dim, but only if you know how to control electricity and bend it to your will!
- Alternative Power Sources – Learn about how batteries work by building your own.
- Scrappy Projects – Make alarms, games, musical instruments, secret spy devices and more.